3 PhD grants at Aix-Marseille/Avignon on Language, Communication and the Brain
4 PhD grants (3 years) on any topic that falls within the area of language, communication, brain and modelling.
The BLRI-ILCB is located in Aix-en-Provence, Avignon and Marseille and regroups several research centers in linguistics, psychology, cognitive neuroscience, medicine, computer science, and mathematics.
Interested candidates need to find one or more PhD supervisors amongst the members of the BRLI-ILCB (http://www.blri.fr/members.html.) Together with the supervisor(s), they would then need to write a 3-year PhD project. A priority is given to interdisciplinary co-directions and to projects that involve two different laboratories of the institute.
The application should contain:
- A full description of the PhD project (~ 5 pages):
- Name of the PhD supervisor(s)
- Short Summary
- Scientific context/state of the art/
- Objectives and hypotheses
- Expected results
- Brief statement about the relevance of the project for the BLRI/ILCB
- Proposed Timeline
- CV and master degree grades (if available)
- Letter of motivation
- One letter of recommendation or contact information of a potential referee
Deadline for submission: June 11, 2017
Pre-selection of candidates for audition: June 28, 2017
Auditions: July 3-7, 2017 (international candidates might be interviewed via skype)
Start: September 1, 2017
Monthly salary: 1 685€ (1 368€ net) for a period of 3 years
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For supplementary information contact: Johannes.Ziegler@univ-amu.fr